MORAL STORY : FRUSTRATION SOMETIME EXPRESSES FALSE CONSOLATION

The Fox and the Grapes


Once a fox became very hungry. After some time he came to a vineyard laden with juicy grapes. 





The grapes were however too high up to reach. At first the fox stood upon his hind legs but failed to get them.  


He then took several attempts to reach them but the result was the same. 

The grapes were hanging temptingly before his eyes. He tried his best time and again but failed. 

The fox at last understood that he could  never get them. 

He withdrew himself from further attempt. He went away consoling himself by saying, “Grapes are Sour”

A Life story of Blackboard 

I spend most of my life hanging on a wall in a classroom. I have been an integral learning tool for many decades since the dawn of modern civilization. I feel quite content for having contributed in making the mankind better. A classroom without me would be as dull as a garden without flowers. 



Teachers impart knowledge to students through me. I help them simplify the abstruse concepts of knowledge. Like all other things I have been evolving into better versions. Earlier I used to be any plain hard surface painted black. Then I began to be made out of wood also. As the time advanced I was made out of a special glass. The glass version was quite convenient as cleaning it was quite easy and not much of the chalk remained stuck to my surface. Then people experimented with my colour also. 

Free Antivirus, 20 Site List, Choose Best Product for Your PC / Gadgets (Alexa Rank Wise)


My green board version seems to have become quite popular at schools. Then I evolved into whiteboard gradually. In place of chalks, colourful markers are used which though a bit more expensive, don’t cause chalk dust problems. My most advanced and recent version is white-interactive smart board. A projector attached to a computer projects all the learning data onto my surface thus making classroom learning more efficient, colourful, interactive, engrossing, and effective. Children prefer my smart board version to all other versions. Though I have evolved over the years, however, my prime purpose of spreading the light of knowledge remains to be unchanged.

I am a blackboard on the wall of Class XI of Govt Girls’’ School . I am twenty years old. In my short life I have seen so many girls grow in front of me. They studied and learnt Maths, Science and English and moved on to a class ahead. My elder brother in class XII shouts at me from next door and tells me that now he is taking care of my students. I like it very much when the teacher calls the girls to the blackboard to solve maths problem. 
I keep wishing they will be able to do it. Sometimes the girls scribble on me, behind the teacher’s back. They draw cartoons and write slogans on me. I am cleaned once a day with a wet cloth by the caretaker. During school hours, I am always with my friends the white chalk and the duster. I have to tell you that I am made of a type of stone called slate. 
I was excavated in Hariyana, carved and polished, then sent to a shop selling school supplies. I was brought from Kolkata by the authorities and installed when the classroom was completed. Then came the chairs and desks. I am the most important teaching equipment in the classroom. One day the class teacher entered the classroom excitedly and announced that they were turning the classrooms into smart classrooms. 
The new electronic boards would be connected with internet. The chalk would be replaced with a stylus and the duster was a delete button. It meant that I would be of no use. I would be taken off the walls and maybe given away to schools for poor children. My end was near. I looked lovingly at the children. They were cheering hard. I was happy for them.


Read Another Story >>